Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Return Of Everyone's Favorite, Tales From The Back Issue Bin!

Wow, it's been a WHILE.

Well, here goes nothing.

Welcome to the new (but not necessarily improved)
TALES FROM THE BACK ISSUE

Feels good to be doing this again. We've got so many new back issues(if that makes sense) in stock that I am very excited to get to read some extremely terrible, and hopefully some good, stories.

So, what I do is I go section by section through our back issue bins and read a random book from each section, regardless if I've read the ones before or after, and tell you about my journey.

Simple, right?

We'll, instead of starting over again from the $1.00 comics section, I choose a very special issue of "The Incredible Hulk" for the return of TFTBIB. (Ya gotta love huge acronyms.)


"The Incredible Hulk" Vol. 1 #290



This issue was amazing. And by far not in a good sense of the term. This issue starts off with the Abomination running from the Hulk with one of his lady friends in tow. When confronted by A.I.M, he pretty much shits his pants and gives up. What the hell? He's the Abomination. He throws down with the Hulk all the time, and walks away from it. But a bunch of dudes in yellow jump suits makes him piss himself? Please. At least he's not as big of a joke as M.O.D.O.K is. Gotta love the big floating head. But this issue gives birth to a character that should still be around today, Ms.M.O.D.O.K. Look at that beautiful mug, who wouldn't want a piece of that? Gorgeous. So, one of the Hulk's lady friends gets turned into that thing, and falls extremely large head over heels for M.O.D.O.K. They connect, fall in love, and are ready to be wed. God knows what that ceremony would look like, let alone the cavalcade of awesome villains and crappy heroes that would be in attendance. The Hulk gets all pissy because his lady is gonna be swingin' with the big guy. So, he trys to get in the way, but good ol' abomination steps in and gets destroyed. Then after M.O.D.O.K kills the Abomination, he.... Wait. He killed the Abomination in this issue? Wasn't he shot by *shudder* Rulk? Oh, Mephisto brought him back in "Secret Wars II"? Good to know that Marvel's back up plan is to always let the lord of darkness fix it. Well, after he temporarily kills Abomination, Ms.M.O.D.O.K (man, typing that is getting annoying) believe it was wrong and fights back. After a few mind blasts, she is puched back into the glowing floor tile that made her head swell, and is back to normal.

What a pointless issue. The creation, and destruction of a character in one issue. Gotta love it. The Hulk in this issue is a smart hulk, who is extremely articulate, whitch makes me laugh almost everytime he opened his mouth. With lines like "Now that's an astute observation if I've ever heard one!" That's in response to an A.I.M agent saying "We're under attack!" (I'd put the two panels up, but the scanner isn't letting me do anything.) You don't have be a dick, Hulk. They're just guy in bucket helmets with ray guns, take it easy buddy.

Oh, also, every week, I will give each book a rating out of 5 and give my reasons why.

So, for "The Incredible Hulk" #290, I'll give it
3 Dio Heads Out Of 5

The issue made me laugh, even when it wasn't supposed to, and that's fine by me. If you like your villains cheesy and hilarious, you should deffinatley check out anything that stars M.O.D.O.K. It's all insanely funny stuff and worth hanging out in the lounge to read, at least.


So, I'll see you boys and girls next sunday where I'll start from the begining of the bins.

Until then, I'll see you at the shop!

-Waffle

No comments: