Monday, July 27, 2009

Previews and Reviews with Gore Jones

What up peoples?! Back again for another dose of what I thought was awesome and what sucked! Just got back from a weekend in Delaware playing a show out there with my band (The Grieving Process) and got tattooed by BUZ HASSON of The Living Corpse comic. If you're ever down by New Castle, DE drop by and say hello to him over at Explosive Tattoos!.. Now on with the show..


Captain Britain and MI-13 #15 (Final Issue)

I'm soo mad that this series was cancelled. SO MAD!!! Paul Cornell really did an outstanding job of making this group of characters waaaaaaaay cool again. It sucks when a good book that deserves a chance and has the potential to become a big seller gets clipped even before they have a chance. What sucks even more is they killed Dracula at the end of this issue so they can't even have a Tomb Of Dracula revamp or some kind of miniseries spinning out from this book. I'm really pissed.

OVERALL SERIES GETS 5 OUT OF 5! Go out and buy the 2 TPB's and you'll agree.


Green Lantern #44

Continuing "Blackest Night", Martian Manhunter comes to "convert" Hal and Barry to the Black Lantern Corps. The two men are characters who've died and come back and Death wants them. The really cool part about this story line so far is that the Black Lanterns aren't just zombified versions of heroes and villians, they retain a resemblance of their former selves. I can't wait to see what happens next.

5 out of 5


Blackest Night : Tales Of The Corps #2

Picking up right where last issue left off, we see how easily it is to give in to the different spectrums of the emotional wheel that are the different corps. In this issue we see how a beautiful angel can become a murdering Red Lantern, Carol Ferris gives in to her love for Hal and joins the Sapphire Lanterns as she's told she's going to be the one to save him and we see just how greedy Larfleeze and the Orange Lanterns truly are. AWESOME!

5 out of 5


Last Resort #1

So, being bored and sitting in front of the computer all day, I come across books sometimes that look interesting enough to make me seek them out. This is one of those books. The cover got me at first because I like Amanda Conner's artwork and I really dig what Palmiotti & Gray do for Jonah Hex so I decided to check out "Last Resort". Pretty freaking awesome. The first 3 pages had me gasp, laugh and smile all at once. It's a story about a bunch of different people (LOST-ESQUE) going on vacation to an island. Bad weather hits the plane and they are forced to land on an island newly inhabited by...... READ THE BOOK!!!

5 out of 5


CyberForce / Hunter Killer #1

AWESOME!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM BOTH TEAMS FOREVER IT SEEMS!!! Do yourself a favor, if you've never read either book Cyberforce or Hunter Killer, go out and read these first!
Cyberforce Vol.III: #1-6 (April 2006 - Ongoing), Hunter-Killer Volume 1 (v. 1) and the just finished FUSION for more back story. You will love it I promise!

5 out of 5

on a side note, I was going to review Hulk and The Amazing Spider-Man #600's but I really really didn't care for them and I didn't feel like wasting my whole review complaining about how nothing really significant or really exciting happened in either book... If you want to hear me bitch about it, just message me @ gorejones@gmail.com and we can talk about whatever forever.. haha.

Now the books I'm jonesin' for this week!
DETECTIVE COMICS #855
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #29
FANTASTIC FOUR #569
THUNDERBOLTS #134
FEAR AGENT #27

No comments: