Monday, June 29, 2009

Previews and Reviews with Gore Jones

Did anyone watch True Blood last night?? Amazing. I hate that I find myself sucked into a tv show but alas I am and it's worth the hour of my life. If you're not watching this show, this Sunday July 5th, they're showing all 3 episodes of season 2 in a row. Check it out. Now onto the comics that rocked and shit that should've been left on a shelf somewhere...


Gotham City Sirens #1

Yet another #1 for the Batman family of books coming out of Bruce Wayne's apparent "death". Paul Dini again steering the ship on this book. I'm really glad he is because the man created Harley Quinn and no one writes her like he does. This is the begining of a, I'd say "less hero Birds of Prey". The "team" consists of Catwoman, Harley and Poison Ivy. Criminals that have had changes of heart and have a common threat; Two Face, Penguin and The Black Mask. Good start to the series and really worth checking out.
4 out of 5


Detective Comics #854

Continuing Detective Comics is Greg Rucka with Batwoman. Thank GOD! I really liked his run on Checkmate and the Books of Blood along with F.C Revelations. Spinning out of Revelations we find Batwoman in Gotham not trying to fill the void left by Bruce but to take care of The Crime Bible Cult that threatens to take over Gotham if left unchecked. Greg Rucka has a great way of writting superhero books with real human emotions attached to the characters involved. Batwoman in my opinion is a great character and I'm glad she gets the spot light for the time being..
5 out of 5


Avengers Initiative #25

Wow...So Norman Osborn is now using the staff and concept of Camp Hammond to begin training VILLIANS to pose as Heroes and semi-sorta save the day..Ballsy to say the least. I really cant wait to see what goes down when you have so many criminals in one spot with the power to basically do anything. Amazing...
5 out of 5


Dark Wolverine #75

THANK GOD! I was really starting to get annoyed that Daken was being so overshadowed in Dark Avengers and as the ever running "anti-hero villian" in Wolverine Origins. I'm so glad to see that this ruthless, mean uncaring character finally gets his due. It's awesome how he messes with Bullseye. I cannot wait to see what happens next.. Get on this now!
5 out of 5


Dark Avengers / Uncanny X-Men Utopia

Anyone as glad as me to see this come out? Finally it really seems like we're heading straight towards the anti-mutant internment camp, Bishop future we've all been waiting for. Amazing. If you slept on this your a fool. Great jumping on point for people interested in the Dark Avengers or the X-Men.
5 out of 5

This weeks books that are going to kill your brain!

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #38 BN
CABLE #16
CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN #1
DEADPOOL MERC WITH A MOUTH #1
UNCANNY X-MEN #513 DAX

No comments: