Sunday, June 21, 2009

Previews and Reviews with Gore Jones

What's up people?

Back again for another exciting installment of my rants and raves about the good and the bad in this weeks books.


Batman: Streets of Gotham #1

Another #1 issue comes out this week for the revamped line of Batman titles. This one being penned by none other than the best Batman scribe out there; Paul Dini. This book takes the role of "Gotham Central" meets "Legends of the dark knight" in my opinion. It has more of a street level feel to it. All in all the story starts off pretty solid and moves pretty quick. I think this is going to be one of the more sought after books coming out this year so don't get left behind.
4 out of 5


Cable #15

This is the 6th part of the "Messiah War" story arc and damn does it get really good. This book and this story line actually made me go back and re-read a bunch of old stories one of which is the "Fall of the mutants" which I think they're drawing some ideas from. I really can't wait to see what happens in the last chapter.....
5 out of 5


Captain America #600

I had to do it, this being the anniversary issue of Steve Rogers death and a pivital point in Cap in general, I had to say my piece. I really like Bucky as Cap. I feel he brings a whole new dynamic to Captain America as well as The New Avengers. I think it was a smart thing to kill Steve and give Bucky the title of Cap for the sheer fact that with the changing of times, we have to move forward and sometimes do things you would'nt normally expect (like Bucky using a gun). I don't think Steve's death was b.s. nor do I feel cheated that Marvel along with most newspapers have already said he's coming back in "Rebirth". Good! There's so many possibilities with him coming back in a dozen different situations. Make Mine Marvel. They have my full support! There I said it! hahaha. Now as far as the issue itself it was awesome any fan of Captain America new or old this is great jumping on point. Go NOW!
5 out of 5


X-Men Origins: Gambit #1

I started re-reading the big X-men storylines looking for stuff that has some relavance to the "Messiah War" story arc. One of them being the "Mutant Massacre". In this issue we see in detail Gambit being used by Mr. Sinister to gather the Mauraders and lead the into the Morlock tunnels. Other than that it doesnt really give any more insight on Gambit himself. All in all a good read.
3 out of 5


Invincible #63

Wow! This is the 3rd part of the "Conquest" story arc and if your a fan of the book you're going to be sad. Wow... I can't tell you anything. Just read this book!!!
5 out of 5!!!

now my picks for next week:

Gotham City Sirens #1
X-Force #16
New Avengers #54
X-Factor #45
Predator #1

Thanks for hanging and hit me up with comments, questions, WHATEVER!!!

No comments: