Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tiger's Game

It’s Baseball…

It’s the crack of bat on ball….the pop of the catcher’s mitt.

It’s Baseball…

The long fly ball that the Center Fielder tracks down hundreds of feet from Home Plate, making it look so easy.

It’s a screaming line drive…a bloop single…a Ballantine Blast and a Baltimore chop.

It’s Baseball…

Willie…Mickey…and the Duke…Mr. Cub…Hammerin’ Hank…Doctor K…The Yankee Clipper…Donnie Baseball and “The Franchise”. It’s Charlie Hustle and Shoeless Joe, The Splendid Splinter and Big Papi.

It’s Baseball…

The Babe really did call his shot and …you could look it up.

It’s Casey and Yogi and 90% of the game is half mental and it’s never over ‘til it’s over…and you could look that up too!
It’s Baseball…

The shortstop making a diving stop, bouncing to his feet and nipping the guy at first by a step.

It’s Vin Scully and Red Barber…How about THAT? It’s Howie Rose and the Scooter…put THAT in your books.

It’s Baseball…

It’s the Little League and the Major League. The twenty year old rookie and the thirty year old “Grizzled Veteran”. I was not sure what “grizzled” was but when my second grade teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I never hesitated and answered “grizzled”.
It’s Baseball…

The Bombers and the Amazin’s. The BoSox ,the Pale Hose, The Tribe and Dem Bums…
It’s Baseball…

It’s Jackie Robinson giving us one of our greatest days ever fawhile Moses Fleetwood Walker, Josh Gibson and Buck O’Neill smiled.
It’s Satchel Page…peas at the knees and don’t look back.

It’s Baseball…

The game my dad taught me and the game that I taught my daughter.

It’s Baseball…

It’s beautiful…and it’s back

For Tiger…


That’s 30!

Mitch

No comments: