Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Are You Kidding Me?

Where do I start with this one? Well first let me just say that my regular column will be posted tonight or tomorrow, but something has come up that I really felt a need to comment on.

It seems that Dan Slott, the outstanding writer of Spider-Man has actually received death threats over the outcome of Spider-Man #700.

To those people I say....

Are you kidding me????

There are actually yahoos out there who are so divorced from reality that they would make threats of physical violence?

Oh and by the way, your freedom of speech does NOT extend to making death threats. So pease don't try to justify your arrogant stupidity by saying it's your right...it ain't your right chuckleheads.

And it is not a joke either. Take a look at the news and tell me that you would not take it very seriously if YOU had your life threatened.

Of course this is not the first time a creator has gotten hate mail and threats because "fans" think THEY own the characters they follow. But the stupidity of this mind set never fails to astound me. No one says you have to like a story arc or a development. Feel fret to criticize but if your criticism extends to an urge to commit violence...you really should seek out a good therapist.

Or more basically, to quote William Shatner ...."get a life"

Thus endeth my vent....non venting column to follow!

That's 30!

Mitch

No comments: