Monday, May 11, 2009

Previews and Reviews with Gore Jones

Back again for another editon of Previews and Reviews. I hope you guys and girls enjoy reading this every week. LEAVE ME SOME COMMENTS!!!! also make sure you check out my blogs @ no-prize.com and on comicbookjones.net. If there is a book you want me to review whether it be YOUR BOOK or something your unsure of, let me know and I'll be more than happy to give you my honest opinion. I read pretty much everything I can get my hands on. Now with that said on with the show....



New Mutants #1
I was a fan of the original New Mutants comic way back when and now we get to see how the years have weighed down on the characters. The really cool thing is Cannonball and company are all about helping Magik and the rest of the "students" are all about fighting her. I really enjoyed this issue a lot and I can't wait and see where Zeb Wells will take the newly reformed team.
5 out of 5

Terminator Salvation Movie Preview #0
Being that I grew up and love The Terminator series and every comic they've put out for it since James Cameron's iconic movie, this book was bound to find it's way in my stack. I don't want to give anything away but if your a fan YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! so worth $3.99. Don Figureoa's artwork is awesome and fits just right with the post Judgement Day background. May 21st can't come soon enough!!
5 out of 5

Deadpool #10
Daniel Way was born to write Deadpool. The laughs just keep on coming with each new issue. This time around our friend Deadpool is still breaking Norman Osborn's balls. RESPAWN! Normie sends Hawkeye aka Bullseye to take care of Deadpool and the slap-stick romp they have is hysterical. So awesome. If your not reading this book your a sad sad person.
5 out of 5

War Of Kings #3 of 6
This issue marks the halfway point of the mini-series that will change Marvel's galactic universe forever. In this issue the Starjammers and The Guardians of the galaxy make a last chance effort to get Lilandra from the clutches of Kid Vulcan aka Gabriel Summers aka EMPEROR VULCAN. So much goodness in one issue it hurts me to finish it. All I'm going to say is at the end your gonna drop the "oh sugar honey iced tea bomb" FOR SURE!!
5 out of 5

The Boys #30
Every month this books comes out and every month I'm upset and angry I still read and collect this comic. 30 issues have gone by and I'm still bored of it. I've spoken to a bunch of people who've dropped the book off their pull lists because they feel the same way. I'm sorry if you enjoy it but I really don't. I'm giving it 2 more issues (because they're starting a new story arc and Carlos Ezquerra co-creator of Judge Dredd is coming in the draw this arc) before I decide if I'm going to stick with it or drop it. I am however looking forward to the Mini-series "Herogasm" that spins off the boys. We'll see what happens then.
1 out of 5

Now onto what I'm looking forward to this week in comics!
Titans #13
Capt. Britain and MI-13 #13
Dark Reign Young Avengers #1
Lockjaw and the pet Avengers #1
Savage Dragon #148

No comments: